ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:14:40 -0400
Hey guys,
        Something interesting happened to us yesterday.  We received an anonymous
gift of cash to meet a need.  Well, we have been considering getting a
second car.  The one that we have has 210,000 miles on it and is becoming a
bit unsafe for us to drive the kids around in.  It's a good postal vehicle
for when Greg works at the post office, but it's not a great family car any
more.  Also, however, that same old car has put us about 2,500 in the hole
for repairs just in the past month.  So, now, we need to decide whether  to
get a second car for back up, or pay off the debt for the first one.  Boy,
I hope that this makes sence.  The car that we now have has no traid in
value, because of the high mileage,  but if we had a second car we could
use that for family and the old one for work.  What is tricky is,
understanding God's will in all of this.  I mean, we have, basically, one
driver in the family and the idea of owning two vehicles just souns so
materialistic.  Well, Chris will be getting his license soon, but I don't
factor him in much because he is such a stinker!!  Anyway, please pray for
us to truly do what is pleasing to the Lord with this money.  Also, maybe
there is something totally other that we just don't know about yet.  Pray
that He is very loud and clear!!
God bless,
Kathy