ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 17:32:39 -0600
Last week, a mother called me and asked if I would talk and pray with her 20
year old son.  He was depressed, on and off his medications, and needed
help.  I called him and we talked for an hour.  The next day, We prayed for
about an hour and then I spent another 30 minutes teaching him some basic
truth from  God's Word.  He scheduled another prayer session for Tuesday
night at 6 o'clock.  When I called, he wasn't there and I was told, by
someone I didn't know, he was in the hospital after attempting suicide, and
not for the first time.  Fortunately, today his mom called me and told me he
was ok but would be in the hospital for a week.  Their family doctor and a
therapist will now also be involved and they will be trying to keep him on
the medication he wasn't staying on before.  His mom asked if I would
continue praying with him and I said, yes, of course.  So pray for him.  His
name is Demetrius.  At least I think that's how it is spelled.

Phil.