ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 18:19:57 -0600
Well, Kathy,

I wasn't singling you out, or Pat, for posting them.  I try and read them
even if I have an axe to grined but that's nothing new.  Yes, I believe
whatever helps if worth it.  It is just that I work with people every day
who have pushed far beyond such articles and really are suicidal and
depressioned and a whole lot of other things and they are so far beyond the
help of such an article, it is amazing they have survived as long as they
have.  When you pray every day with women who end up in memories of when
they were little girls and walk through the deep woundedness of molestation
and rape and abuse, or you pray with men with similar past experiences and
are calling you because you are the last hope, as it were, it makes you
really stop and think where you are in Christ.  Your prayer life changes so
radically, other Christians think you've lost it, if you are dumb enough to
even tell them what you do.  Your defense mechanisms go to full shields up.
Since I don't go looking for people, when they come to me, the Lord has told
me that He has assigned them to me.  I get very protective of anything, or
anybody, who tries scaring or harming one of my sheep.  This is another
reason why we now meet on Sundays and I teach and we sing and we pray.  The
last thing on the planet I want to be is a pastor but the Lord said that's
what I was doing any way; like it or not.  Funny how God works.  I always
thought, and was taught, He called you to serve.  Boy, was I wrong.  I never
dreamed in a million years I would be doing what I am doing now.  I'll take
names and bust heads now for the little ones God has given me because I have
finally experienced His love in a way I can't explain.  I'd love to know who
this pastor was in the article so I could contact him and let him know he no
longer has to live like he is because there is a God who can fix what's
broken.  This is one reason why, every single time the Lord heals me of
something, I write about it.  I get emails and phone calls all the the time
from people who are the darkest deepist holes of depression the defy
explanation.  These are all Christian people, too, who are tormented in
their emotions and minds and unless the Lord brings healing to them, they
aren't going to make it through reading the Purpose Driven Life.  But, like
I said, I am well known, and appreciated, and even loved by Ned, in spite of
my bad attitude.  Today I awakened with a tooth ache, which I get fixed
tomorrow, so today just seem to be the appropriate time to unload.  Man, you
should read the emails I get, and sometimes the phone calls, from people who
have read my article on my website about the Power Team.  Holy Cow, people
get mad.  The last one I got had so many four letter words in it, I just had
to laugh and then cry.  Plus, I am not well liked by those who read my
article about Bill Mcartny and the Promise Keepers.  They did call me the
other day and asked if I would come and teach what I do with intercessory
prayer to their staff.  I said no but not because of who they were but
because I am not authorized to use the training materials I own without
written permission.  Plus, I might have stated my personal opinion while
teaching and we can't have that.  Please don't feel you can't post such
material on echurch.  I'll try and reframe from such out bursts in the
future.  Besides, Vicki might kick me off the list.  She's pretty mean about
such things.

Phil.