ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt and Terri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:35:44 -0500
Thanks Brad,

We look for things which are within our scope of abilities and this was one
we could do.
Terri's grandfather complains about attending the church they go to because
he feels as though he needs to put money in the plate everytime he attends.
We are trying to get across to him that you don't only have to give to the
church in a monetary capacity.
However, I think he is going to do what he has always done no matter what.
We do put money in the offering box in the back of the church on the wall at
hour's but we do it in a sort of mechanical way.  Same amount once a month.
This kind of stuff with the prayer chain and the like seems more involved
and personal to me.
It has benefits for us in that we get to know the members better and it's
just a good thing and I think valuable service to provide.
Up until now, it has been a woman's gig, so it should be interesting to have
a man fulfill the need.

Matt