ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:34:14 -0400
It is one thing to feel different, in a negative sort of way,   You aren't
like everyone else, you aren't normal! are nagative, but to say one is
different and like Jesus puts the being different in a positive light, it
changes being different from something one would never desire to something
that one actually wants!

As towhy we do what we do for God, I guess it's just a response, I  think of
it as sort of like my marriage, I don't make my husband breakfast because I
feel I have to, or because he'd be mad if I didn't, nor because if I didn't
he'd starve, I do it, because I love him, and I like to make him happy.
When in a moment of choice, I hae before two choices, and I decide to do the
God thing, I usually make that decision because of how in similar situations
I was treated by God, when undeserving of mercy, I got some, when I chose my
own way and went deliberately against what I knew God wanted and still He
loved me... how can I choose to turn away from those who hurt me, though
that is what I in my own power want to do!
I see people who do things out of obligation, an "if I have to" type of
relationship,  but I don't want Ben saying "Rhonda, I love You" just because
he feels  he should, aught to, or is obligated to,
while I believe that love is a verb, it is a choice,  I don't want a forced
love, a "love me or else" type of relationship,
nor do I want what I feel my mother gave me the "I loved you, and I didn't
even have to at all, I could have sent you away"

Well, do forgive  me, just rambling all over the place.

Rhonda