ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:01:19 -0500
Mat,

I don't personally believe God brings evil to us no. That doesn't mean it
doesn't exist, or that he doesn't turn it or use it for our good when it
does come against us, but no I don't believe he brings it as a test or
temptation to see if we fail or not. I believe he watches upon it work
upon us to see if we fail or not, but I don't believe it is his agenda to
toss a rock in our path to see if we are going to stumble or avoid it. I
can stop my son from over sleeping and getting detention, but I let him
sleep on. Did I put that detention upon him? No. Will I watch to see how
he handles it? Yes. That isn't evil per say but quickly illustrates
my  perspective. I suppose yes, one can say I allowed him to run across
the detention, but I respect his free will as he has been instructed
accordingly, and also told him I would not interfere and so am upholding
my word as well.

Brad