BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv with 72 subscribers - and falling like a stone.
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:16:31 -0500
 In case anyone wants to relocate to a great, walkable, community, there
is an interesting job coming up as our County preservation planner.
Since we don't like attachments, I copied the posting into the body of
the message.  If anyone comes to check it out, give me a call...

Note:  This position is posted as a Planner on the www.ewashtenaw.org
website
Job Opening
Posting:  March 28 - April 6, 2005
Starting date:  May 2, 2005
Historic Preservation Coordinator
Department of Planning and Environment
Washtenaw County, Michigan
80% Time/ 32 hours/week
Grade: 22 (Associate, Planner); 24 (Senior Planner); or 26 (Principal
Planner)

Summary Statement:  The Historic Preservation Coordinator is responsible
for safeguarding the heritage of Washtenaw County by providing programs
and tools to protect the irreplaceable treasures which enrich our unique
sense of place.

Qualities:  Strong writing skills; demonstrated research and
interpretive skills; ability to work either independently or in a team
setting; experience with field survey work; ability to solve problems
and work on a variety of projects simultaneously; working familiarity
with technology including ArcGIS 9, spreadsheets, databases, digital
photography, Microsoft Photo Editor and Adobe software. Strong
interpersonal skills, responsiveness to internal and external customers
and the ability to plan strategically.

Qualifications:  Graduate degree in historic preservation, architectural
history or a closely related field with course-work in American
architectural history, architectural nomenclature, cultural landscapes
and preservation planning.  Must be able to meet federally defined
qualifications under 36 CFR part 61 within one year of employment.
Experience with grant writing, project management and the budget
process, and two years of work experience in the field of historic
preservation.

Responsibilities:  The Historic Preservation Coordinator works with the
Director of Planning and Environment to formulate and implement policies
and procedures, and reports to the Planning Services Director.  Key
responsibilities in addition to general planner tasks were too numerous
to include, so check the web site, if you're interested.

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA, FAPT

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104