From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 18:59:08 -0400
Hi.

I think it will depend upon how far you get the Diamond out from the coax
feeding the dipole.  If you can get it out far enough that it doesn't
affect the tuning of the Diamond antenna, it should work.  There is very
little potential for coupling between the Diamond and the dipole,
itself.  The only risks that I see are that you might have to retune the
Diamond if you get it too close to the coax for the other antenna, and you
might have a shadow in your 2 meter coverage pattern in the direction
towards the coax.  Is this something that you will put together once you
get to the site, or something that will be mounted on the trailer all of
the time?  I would suspect that if you can mount the Diamond so that most
of it protrudes above the dipole, your coupling between the antenna and the
coax for the dipole will be greatly minimized.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 04:12 PM 7/10/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>     My understanding is that the Diamond 770 is "ground independent", which
>is why I was thinking of it.  It works well on our vehicle, using a magmount
>base which, of course, isn't an option here.
>
>The real challenge is figuring out how to mount it safely.  I have found
>that R and L Electronics has some sort of an RV mounting kit, which I'm
>going to call about tomorrow.
>
>And, again, does anyone see a problem if I were to mount something like the
>Diamond 770 underneeth the painter's pole being used for the HF dipole?
>
>Best 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]