From:
Chip Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 23:59:10 -0600
Hi Colin,
I'm glad to see you're motivated to learn the code. It's a lot of fun. My
suggestion would be to try and learn the sounds of the letters: that is,
learn "a" as dida, L as didadidit, period as didadidadida, etc. If you have
a ham transceiver or short-wave radio you can listen on, listen to CW on the
novice portions of 40 and 80 (7.100-7.150 and 3.675-3.725 MHZ respectively.
Try and pick out what you can. Also, get a code oscillator and practice
sending