ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:56:08 -0700
Ned,
This is right on.  What is not taught in most of the churches I have been
associated with, is that without allowing God to discipline and break us, we
really can't be of much use to him.  This is because we, like an unbroken
horse, want to go our own way, and we want to get there with as much comfort
as possible.  Did you ever notice how Jesus was dealing with his disciples?
He wasn't always nice, as we think of being nice and encouraging. He
continually said things like, OF you of little faith, and unless you hate
your own life, count the cost put your hand to the plow and don't look back,
you are not worthy to be his disciple.  And Jesus meant every word he said.
Now, try preaching that in many churches on Sunday, and see how many friends
you have left.  It's not a popular message, but it is a necessary message.
I'm not saying he doesn't love us or anything like that, but I am saying
that we need to allow the discipline in our lives so
God can take us and form us into that which he wants us to be.  So let's all
commit to allowing God to work in our lives, and make us pliable in his
hands, and obediant.  Jus like we deal with our children, disciplin is
always backed by love.  Without this discipline, our children will only be
wild plants.  It's bad enough to see how they, and we, rebel under the
discipline until we grow up.

Vinny