ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 08:16:10 -0600
They came home last night about 11:45 PM.  Anthony, he is five and a half
years old, had a total of 11 stitches on his head.  He fell while learning
to ride his little bicycle without training wheels.  Sandy said he was
amazingly brave and only cried a tiny little bit near the end when they were
sowing him up.  This happened about 7:30 last night as I recall.  Anthony is
adopted, as some of you know, and he was given away by his addict mother.
He's a tough little boy though.  I guess it is time to get him a bicycle
helmet now.  I wonder how we made it without such protective gear when we
were growing up.  Man, I felt so many times, nearly missed getting hit by
cars several times, and never broke a bone.  I had to cut the grass on our
large, nearly an acre lot, when I was 6 and 7 years old and the mower had no
protective things built into it.  Thank God my dad never made me rake the
grass all up, this was before grass catchers were invented, or I would
complained to the child labor board.  This was a mandatory weekly
responsibility or I would not get my quarter for my allowance that week.

Phil.