From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:06:45 -0700
On 4 Sep 2005 at 7:51, alan smith wrote:

> I have an ASUS mobo & CPU that wants to run hot. I've noticed that the fan
> sucks air UP throught the cooling fins. Wouldn't it be more efficient if the fan
> BLEW the ambient air DOWN through the fins of the heatsink ??
> Has anyone tried it ?? I'm interested in all comments. AL SMITH, Toronto

  I don't think so.  Heat from the CPU is going to flow out into the heat
sink, and be picked up by the moving air.  Once the air is heated, you want
it to flow out of the case -- not back down onto the CPU!
  (The case I'm using for my latest project includes a duct that almost
touches the top of the fan assembly and carries that air away to a vent in
the back of the case so it can't heat up anything else.)

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml