From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:35:11 -0400
Eric,

Even if you could see the lightning, it would probably be a little late by
the time you did.  I don't know exactly where you live, but in some places
you get warnings about lightning in the area, and that's probably the best
time to disconnect the antenna.  You could probably monitor the AM
broadcast band and decide when to disconnect by the amount of lightning static.

Steve