From:
Ed Malmgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 10:43:48 -0600
Hello Louis.  The Hygain D X 77 as I remember is about 30 feet long,tall.
They say the performance goes down if you use radials.  It has four aluminum
ground planes going out horizontally from the base.  They recommend putting
the base of the antenna up around 7 feet above ground.  It covers 40 through
10 meters including the WARC bands and is very easy to assemble.  The traps
are all assembled so it only took a short time for my XYL and me to put it
together.  We did it in the house laying on 4 or 5 chairs.  I bought mine
when buying a new house before putting a tower up.  I  had very good luck
with the one I had but sold it when the tower went up but it was better for
D X than my 40 meter rotery dipole up 55 feet.  I don't know if they still
make them but you could look on Hygain's site.  K0 MLF still has his and he
has good luck with his.  Ed K7UCI