Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:46:25 -0600

Tom wrote:
   >Are there any ham  radios that use tooners? Its just the fact that
   >when I
   >order a radio for handihams, I would not like a radio that is the
   >automatic
   >toonered. Automatic tooners do not let you feel the sides of a band.
YOu don't understand what you're talking about son.  IN the case of a
tuner.  The tuner helps match the radio with the antenna.  Unless you
have some kind of tuning aid to do this an automatic tuner would be
easier for you to work.

yOu don't order a radio from the organization as I understand it.  IF
they have one free they'll loan you a radio.

I would suggest finding some local hams through a ham club to do a
little mentoring.  AT this stage of the game your understanding is
quite limited indeed.  YEs I understand we all had to start somewhere,
but someone who is actually willing to sit down and answer your
elementary questions and do a little mentoring with you would be quite
helpful to you at this stage in your ham radio life.

wE have too many folks on the air right now who got a no clue license
by memorizing the answers to the multiple guess questions and have no
more idea what they're doing than I can see to read small print.  BOy
do we ever need more elmers out there folks!!!

Btw TOm please set your software to send to lists such as this one in
plaintext instead of mime format.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania