From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:07:01 -0600
tony:
if you are talking about the V F O tuning control, there are very few ham
radios on the market which use incrimental or digital tuning which does auto
tuning.
Those that do, are not accessible and wouldn't be loaned through handy hams

I think you may be getting confused about manual/auto tuners...the auto
tuner features of the new radios are antenna tuners, not frequency
tuners...they tune the antenna to a reasonable swr to make your antenna and
radio compatible.
You can use a manual tuner to do this, but those are difficult unless you
have an accessible swr meter that you can use a tone to tune by.
All amateur radios have a VFO or knob/dial you can turn to tune frequencies
and you can feel in the station or what we would call center the station.

73
Colin, V A6BKX