Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:57:45 -0600

JOhn wrote,
   >there's a guy here that runs a swap and sell net and I can hear
   >when he does that, what sounds like a braille n speak in the
   >background, I've never really been able to talk to him about it but
   >I thought that was cool, I usually use the radio desk computer for
   >traffic unless I'm dealing with a lot or some one with a tendency
   >to go fast then I record it and take it down later though I type
   >fast enough that it's not a problem anyway, just good to have the
   >backup just in case. -----
IT's handy to have the tape backup.  I run it for many reasons even as
a net control.  IF we've got intentional qrm I have a tape in case
we're asking the authorities to get involved.  IT also is helpful in
case my computer burps, but if you're a dos and linux user you rarely
see anything akin to the blue screen of death <grin>.

I too am a fast enough typist that I can copy most folks accurately.
I've just gotten into cw traffic handling here recently again.  WHen I
was section traffic manager for Iowa I might occasionally check into
the cw nets, but now that I'm involved in actual disaster preparedness
with somebody who might really need to depend on it I'm working on
sharpening my cw traffic handling chops.

73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions
--- Benjamin Franklin, NOvember 1755 from the
Historical review of Pennsylvania