From:
Ellen Neelands <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 20:57:54 -0400

I've been looking for the new gluten free list for a while, and asking
store managers.  They took the old list out of the stores around here in
January or so, and have been saying a new one is coming out "next week"
ever since then.  Today I called what the phone company identified as
"company headquarters" to get a definitive answer.  The office is in the
greater Boston area, and I don't know how many stores it serves.  I got
a very detailed answer that the dietitian there has finished the
research, and that the new list is currently getting formatted, then
will be returned to the dietitian for editing and updating, then given
back to the formatter (word?) for corrections, then on to the printer,
and then distributed to stores.  Total turnaround time, about a month.
I heard enough details to believe that this will be a more carefully
vetted list than the last one, with more communication with producers.
I'm optimistic.

Hope this helps,

Ellen N.