Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 07:12:56 -0400

Well, I want to thank all the people who responded to my posting about
English muffins!   I enjoy reviewing GF food, and especially offering a
little humorous alternative to the panicky food allergy prose one finds
in most news media - the tragic tale of the gluten free people - be
careful what you eat : it could kill you, more at 11.

Anyway, I learned a few things more about GF English muffins, which I
share here in this summary:

One person says you can buy 10 packs of Foods By George chocolate chip
cookies, and his brownies freeze well.  The company will ship directly
to your home.  Wrap the english muffins in freezer bags for freezing.
If you order direct, you get fresher product than what is in the local
grocery. This writer cautioned that the calorie count can be way up
there, and it is maybe wise to eat half a muffin instead of a whole one.

http://foodsbygeorge.com/wheat.html

Another person drives sixty miles to buy a different brand of english
muffins: "Kinnikinnick English muffins that are even better! They are
lighter in texture, just
more scrumptious. My non-gf friends think they're really good, too. "

Another person says "Try the crumb cake and the carrot muffins.  They're
great" - I would add that I have tried George's crumb cake myself, and
do not feel it is up to the english muffin or brownie standard, but
that's just my opinion.

Another:
"All of those things that crumble so will be better if microwaved until
they are hot.  You can also sit them in the window of your car if you
are going somewhere.  If the sun is shining they will heat up and be
less apt to crumble.  Still not perfect but better.
I find that the ones I bake are better then any I can buy.
And for the croutons, butter the bread on both sides, cut into squares
and place in a frying pan.  Turn over gently.  You can sprinkle onion
salt or whatever on them."