C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:14:04 -0600
Beth,

Sounds almost like tornado damage.  We don't get a lot of tornadoes in
WY, but the two I've been in town for hit one neighborhood, but missed
others.  One hit just the edge of town, and the only building it took
out was a church. The pastor of that church was having an affair with
the wife of my dad's partner in surgical practice, so we said that it
was G-d's retribution (Meier, is that the correct way to make that
reference so I don't offend people of the orthodox Jewish faith?).

Kendall Corbett

An unreasonable man (but my wife says that that's redundant!)

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950

From: St. John's University Cerebral Palsy List
Subject: Re: [DGV] Halting Progress for the Disabled (fwd)

Oh, don't even get me started.  I live in a double Bush state.  Talk
about a
bunch of unfunded mandates.  Schools are so bogged down with the
minimally
funded No Child Left Behind act, that special education has become even
more
of a fight for the children I work with.

Beth, Kat, Cindy and Gary,

    Bush has been a disaster for social service programs. The deficit,
the
war and many other "urgent programs" are siphoning billions away from
human
social programs. The only reason he funded "No Child Left Behind" is to
have
something Laura could work toward.It's all about oil. There is no
coincidence oil is $50 a barrel! All the $ desiignated for the disabled
and
others is now funneled to the war on terror, which we are losing in an
absurd, stupid and expensive way.

Bobby