Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:47:25 -0700
Robert > I think the issue is that the paleo diet premise is that
mankind is best adapted to a diet such as we subsisted on for the huge
number of years prior to the invention of agriculture.   It has also
been stated that the time elapsed since agriculture has not been long
enough for mankind to adapt to the grains and legumes that came with
agriculture.

Right, paleo diet theory, for me at least, says that

1) There has been *partial but incomplete* adaptation;

2) it's probably not a good use of time to wait the tens of thousands of
years it will take for full adaption;

3) eating a paleo diet will not harm any human being on this earth;

4) eating a non-paleo diet most certainly *can* cause harm, even when
the effects are not immediately apparent