From:
Adam Sroka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:25:49 -0400
You told us that you cheated, but you didn't mention what it was you
ate. That might help to answer the question ;-) There are two times that
I usually get cramps. The first is when I stop taking creatine and start
again. The second is when I go very low carb for a while and then have
some sugar. In both cases the causes are similar. Since I am an athlete
and I work out a lot it can be hard for me to stay fully hydrated. Both
creatine and sugar cause extra water to be stored in muscle tissue. This
can cause muscle cramps, most commonly in the legs. The symptoms you are
describing are similar to what I experience. Are you drinking enough
water? Are you more active than usual and/or under unusual stress? Did
you eat sugar?