From:
Cas Kearse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 19:15:26 -0600
I think it does take some adjustment to this diet.  I've been eaating paleo
since Jul 04.  I ate a lot the first few months.  Now, since Oct or Nov of
last year I see I eat a lot less, usually twice a day.  Sometimes I eat more
than that but just occassionally but I don't take notice of exactly how
often.  My husband took the plunge in Jan of this year and has noticed that
he is eating (he says) like a pig.  I don't notice how much he eats exactly.
  He always seemed to be a big eater to me.  He tends towards tall and
skinny and had developed a little pooch belly and love handles.  He's lost
about 20 lbs and his stomach is flat again and no sign of the love handles
anymore.  He's started running again which he is very happy about since he
hasn't been able to for 3 yrs or more because of chronic back pain which is
all but gone.  He's boring all our family and friends with his long winded
(but enthusiastic) testimonial of the benefits of eating paleo.  I am
thinking his appetite will slow down at some point and he will actually eat
less than he did before.  I'm hoping his "born again" enthusiasm will wind
down too before we lose all our friends ;)