ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 15:35:29 -0700
I was listening to what I believe was a local pastor here in Denver the
other day on Christian radio.  He was preaching on miracles.  He told this
story to prove miracles still exist today.  An atheist and preacher were
arguing about God and miracles.  The preacher finally said, "I can prove
that God does exist and that miracles still happen."  The atheist scoffed
and said, "How can you prove that?"  The preacher said, "Bend over as far as
you can."  As the atheist did so, the preacher kicked him in the butt so
hard, the atheist fell forward on to his face.  Jumping up, he was fighting
mad and demanded, "What did you do that for?"  The preacher said, "To prove
there is a God and He still does miracles today."  "How," the atheist
sputtered, "does that have to do with you kicking me?"  "Well," the preacher
said, "did it hurt?"  The atheist, spittle flying in every direction as he
yelled, "Of course, it hurt, you idiot but what's that have to do with it?"
The preacher said, "Well, it would have been a miracle if it hadn't."

Phil C Sharp
The Coil Of The snake
A Free Online E-Novel
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com