ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:58:24 -0700
Kathy is Iranian although you would never know it by talking with her.  She
is a Christian but her husband, who is a doctor, recently divorced her
because he had been sleeping with another woman.  Because of an attempted
suicide several months ago, and because her husbands has the money to hire
the best lawyers, he has taken their little 7 year old daughter from Kathy
and she only gets to see her on scheduled weekends.  Kathy found my website
and called and we have begun prayer sessions.  The doctor says she has
fivromyalgia, and other things, and she is in a lot of pain.  Kathy is a
very nice 41 year old lady and loves the Lord.  She is, to say the least,
very hurt and very confused, and she grew up as the only girl in an all
boy's family in Iran.  To say she was, therefore, mistreated, is an
understatement.  If you don't think so, you know nothing of how women are
treated in the middle east.  I won't say any more but there is way more and
she is a very wounded Christian right now.  Pray for her, when you think
about it, and pray for me as I conduct prayer sessions with her.

Phil.