ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ned Benton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:01:20 -0400
Kathy,
I have said very little here while others have offered good advice.  I just
want you to know that my heart breaks for you and Greg.  I have a
15-year-old and have already been through it with three others.  I know how
difficult it can be and how you will beat yourself up for feeling the way
you do toward your own flesh and blood.  God gave you the responsibility for
your children and charged you with guarding them against the evil one and
keeping them, as much as it is possible, for danger and harm in this life.
It is your God given responsibility to do all you can to keep Chris in line
and from allowing the devil to take charge of his life.  Do all you can and
whatever it takes to fill that responsibility.  You can only feel guilty if
your turn him over to the devil.  When he is 18, you have no more legal
responsibility and God will hold you responsible only for the first 18
years.  Those are the training time and if you have trained him properly,
you are free. Stay the course! Continue to fight the good fight and there is
a crown for you in that day.

God bless you and  encourage you as you act in His behalf on Chris' part.
May He have His way with Chris and CHris be delivered spotless before Him in
that day.

Ned