ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:02:06 -0600
Sharon,

One time my oldest sister called me and was very upset about something, I
forget what now, and as we talked, I finally said, Let me pray with you
about it.  Knowing what I do when I pray with someone, she said, No, No.  I
won't do it.  I asked her why and she said, Because, it will just bring
other things to the surface and make things worse.  I laughed because she
was almost right.  It does, of course, bring other things to the surface but
only on God's time.  When they do come to the surface, sort of speak, it is
because He wants to bring more healing to that area of a person's life.  So,
my sister thinks with circular reasoning all the time.  She is too busy to
exercise time management and too busy to go for an hour to have her dentures
adjusted so she takes them out and loses them two or three times a year
instead.  Go figure, as they say.

Phil.