Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
cheryl in colorado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:19:05 -0600

Got info on this noodle product called Tofu Shiritaki  from the
hungrygirl.com newsletter:

Pasta-rific!

We're gonna to be straight with you here.  We had completely given up on
pasta until we were introduced to the wonders of Tofu Shirataki.  Made
of tofu and yam flour (it tastes better than it sounds), these
noodlicious creations are high in fiber, VERY low in calories, and have
ZERO points (if you're counting) for the entire
two-serving package!  It's essentially "pasta" with hardly any carbs or
calories.  That's complete and total insanity!  Add these to your
favorite soups, salads, or anywhere else you'd normally use pasta.  We
cannot possibly begin to explain to you how much we love and cherish
these noodles.  They WILL change your life.  Available at select grocery
stores, Whole Foods, Japanese markets, and online
<http://hlc.merchantcart.net/mainshopping.cfm?icg_id=82&Show=PURCHASE>.

Nutritional Info:

Serving Size: 4 oz.
Calories: 20
Fat:  .5g
Carbs: 3g
Protein: 1g
Fiber: 2g

So I wrote to the company to find out if it was gluten free and here is
their response:

Ms. Borgen:

Thank you for your interest in Shiritaki.  The noodles will be perfectly
fine for your daughter.  The ingredients are as follows: Filtered Water,
Tofu (Soybeans, Calcium Sulfate, and Glucono Delta Lactone [see note
below]), Yam Flour, Calcium Hydroxide.

Also, just so you know.  We are in the process of adding items to our
Gluten Free section (Gluten Free Pantry, ), and we will be getting rid
of all items that containing barley, oat, rye and wheat that are
currently in that section:
http://hlc.merchantcart.net/mainshopping.cfm?icg_id=70&Show=PURCHASE
<http://hlc.merchantcart.net/mainshopping.cfm?icg_id=70&Show=PURCHASE>.

I will happily update you when we have the other items up on the site

[I was kind of curious about GDL.  It is a naturally occurring food
additive used as a sequestrant, an acidifier, or a curing, pickling, or
leavening agent. It is a cyclic ester of D-gluconic acid with chemical
formula and CAS number 90-80-2. Pure GDL is a white odorless crystalline
powder]

If there is anything else please contact me.

Wil Page
General Manager
Heavenly Low Carb
4621 Van Nuys Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(818) 325-8087

--------

*Be aware* that right now the images for products on the link Mr Page
sent are messed up a bit, wrong images with associated products.  Their
gf/wf  catalog includes non gf products right now.  According to the
above letter, they will be changing that soon.

Cheryl in Colorado