BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:20:47 -0600
Cuyler,

I may be doing something wrong, but I keep coming up with 1-1/4".  When
I went through the A/C=B/A routine I came up with .61538xxx and
.625xxx.  We are talking about a difference of 0.01+/-.  At this scale,
3"+/-, its a difference a craftsperson, can deal with it, probably with
sandpaper.  If I needed to work at microscopic level, I might want to
figure out how to increase the accuracy.  If I'm working on the
preliminary design for an airport this might be too much accuracy.

Few people actually call me "JC".   Its mostly just sort of an email
thing.  I don't often hear parents in stores calling for "Joooohnnnn!"
anymore.  But, goodness there's always some kid screaming, "DDAAAAAAD!"
  Now that I'm not constantly responding to the calls of my kids, I find
I've been so conditioned that I automatically respond to the calls of
other people's kids.  I hope it goes away.  I especially hate the
sudden instinctive urge to grab a kid who is about to fall out of a
shopping cart or experience some other tragedy.  I haven't taken to
lecturing young parents yet...but I've come across one or two I though
about decking.  (I have a bad temper, and can be self rightous, but I
try to control it in public.)  Although I am frequently lost in stores
and wandering unsupervised, hoping to find either my wife or some cool
stuff to play with (same thing on some level, I suppose) I have never
found myself responding to some strange woman calling to her husband.
Maybe they don't do that.  Probably not because it would be
embarrassing....more likely once a husband is lost there's a vague hope
they will stay that way.  Apparently there is no danger of any woman
going home with an extra husband.

-jc