Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 23:46:23 -0500
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:20:35 -0500, Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
  What struck me is that some cows will have flies all over them,
> and some will have virtually none. Why? They are all in the same setting
> and there are tons of flies around, but apparently some have a genetic
> resistance to it.

IIRC Pottenger wrote that it needs three generations on a good diet to
regain health.
This might explain the buggy cows.
It doesn't explain why some of my female relatives don't react to
mosquitoes.

> I believe it is the same with teeth. Some of us resist dental problems
> better than others. But on the whole, modern dentistry is a great
> benefit and removing plaque seems to promote health of gums and the
> underlying bone mass of the jaw.

W.A. Price wrote that isolated Swiss in 1930s showed no sign of tooth or
gum problems, same of others on a "primitive" diet.
He wrote that their teeth needed cleaning, but his was a trained mind.
IMO dental problems are likely a curse of civilisation.

I cannot believe that paleo man lived a "short ugly and brutish" life.
What were those big brains used for, if not to make life easy?

William

--
Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.