From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:15:52 -0400
That connector is an SMA connecter. That's a new standard as it appears for
hand helds, you can get an adapter to connect it to an outside antenna but
the problem is that connecter is not as strong as some used in the past so I
don't recommend it unless you absolutely have to and if you do have to I'd
say use RG-58 coax at least for a 1 foot jumper or so so you might be able
to let good coax rest on something so it won't strain the connector, you
could run that RG58 the hole way if it's a short run but I don't really
recommend that stuff unless you have no choice at all. You'll probably have
strong signals overload the receiver with an outside antenna as well though
I'm not sure, I've only done it once with mine for mobile use and I did
notice it a little in a high RF area, but really didn't get much use out of
it that day.