From:
Don Bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:33:47 -0700
Hi,

That's a good point about the modem.  I have a lot of computer interference here from this machine.  We have an alarm system in the house with a remote
control, but the remote is virtually unusable due to the computer interference.  Also, the interferrence is a problem on the am band as well, so will try the sync
to see if that helps at all.

Most of the stations around here are quite a distance away.  They are clear enough most of the time, but are still weaker than if we were in a metropolitan
area, so any kind of interferrence is really noticable and often make the stations quite hard to listen to.

Don W6SMB

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:23:29 -0400, Kenneth Lee wrote:

My cable modem causes lots of interference and I discovered I can =
eliminate
the interference by turning on the sync.  I noticed that the upper =
sideband
will be clear as a bell, and the lower sideband is unreadable.  This is =
true
on both the Sat800 and the 7600GR. Actually the upper sideband is clear =
with
sync on or off, but the audio just seems much better with the sync on. =20

Anyway, the interference isn't on all frequencies, but it enough to =
cause me
grief.  I usually turn off the modem, but often I have to leave it on
because others are using the internet while I'm trying to DX.

73, Ken -N5SWR