From:
"John J. Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:36:21 -0700
Hi Butch, you forgot G E and there infamous  Channel Guard!  GRIN!  DCS
is digital coded squelch, but I have never seen the feature on anything
other than Yaesu radios.  Personally, I wish more radio's would offer
DTMF paging.  It is handy when you want to monitor a frequency for calls,
but don't want to listen to other traffic.  You can set the decoder for
32, for example, which is FA, and anyone can call you as long as they
have a touch tone pad.  My Yaesu FT470 only has PL encode and decode.  By
the way, for Bob, the correct name is CTCSS, which means Continuous Tone
Coded Squelch Systejm.  See why we call it PL?  GRIN!  By the way, if you
have unlimited calling, you  can give me a call at:
480-671-7912

Or, send me a private message at:
and I will be happy to call you some time and try to bring you up-to-date
on all of the neat things going on since you were a novice.  I, along
with many of us on the list got my original call in 71, when I was a
senior in high school, but I was n SWL from the early 60's.  I had every
A M broadcast band radio in the house de-tuned, so they would copy the A
M boys on 160 meters in the Detroit area.  GRIN!

73:
John.

Get your name as your email address.