From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 23:37:19 -0400
Hi John.

I am running the Norton Internet Security package and Ad Aware to scan for
spyware.  For some reason, I have never been able to get Spybot to install
on this machine.

Anyway,  the methods for attacking systems has gotten more sophisticated in
the last few months, and I no longer completely trust Norton to completely
keep everything out.  What I am trying to figure out is whether or not
there are any other web browsers that are accessible.  Obviously most of
the development for JFW and Window-Eyes have been centered around Microsoft
Active Accessibility and Internet Explorer.  Frankly, Microsoft has
promised better security and better stability with every operating system
they've released, and it hasn't happened yet, and I frankly doubt it ever
will.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:51 PM 7/3/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>A good virus program is the best way to go and spy ware program, and a
>firewall, you get them, and keep them up to date, you'll be as well off if
>not better then going to another company's program since you really in this
>day and age shouldn't be with out those kind of things anyway to be on the
>internet and be smart about it especially with broadband connections or if
>you're on a lot, but really everyone should keep those up to date and on.
>Beyond that I can't help you since I can't use Eudora because I have 2
>accounts on Comcast and it won't check them both at the same time due to
>some idiocy on some one's part, and have never tried anything besides
>internet explorer.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]