From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:40:04 -0400
I remember the hole key pad on that radio actually those are just the ones
that might confuse some one who can't read what they say I think. I'd get a
TS-2000 when my 940 dies, but the way this run of serial numbers on 940s
run,  more then likely the 2000 will be a very distant memory when my 940
dies, but I keep my options open, I always wanted a 940 so I'll have it as
long as I can, the 570 is good, but no comparison to the 940, the receiver
is nowhere near as quiet, the 440 wasn't as quiet as the 570, the 450 was
quiet as the 570 I think but didn't hear as well, but I had problems with my
450 honestly, I burned out a power supply and didn't know it, the voltage
was jumping all over the place so I think I hurt something in that radio, it
drifted and all even after I fixed that, I think I hurt it, a friend of mine
has had a 450 since 92, works DX, 10 10 mostly but he's on daily and has
used it mobile and everything else and never once had 1 single thing go
wrong with it. If I did get a 2000 I'd still keep my 570 for backup, and my
duel bander and all,  just something to play with but for the price these
days it's really a great buy.