From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:16:02 -0500
Thanks for the answers re curling and clarification on the transverters.  Re
the first, that scotch'll make you skate in curls instead of straight lines
won't it?  Re the transverters, the more recent ones from Tentec, I think
they're 1208 for six meters, and maybe 1210 for two meters, although my
memory's a little foggy.....and it's not the scotch either you guys, not
since JESUS anyway.  Anyway, those Tentec transverters show up on the E
boards now and then, $75 to $110 range, and are likely a better buy if
findable.  But as I said initially, I had ffairly recently looked for either
a transverter or a six meter stand alone unit, to little or no avail for a
while, (but then ran across a little MFJ9406, 10watt ssb tranceiver, which's
having a StingerSinger, {in part due to this list,}  installed in it, and
should be back here soon.)
and almost simultaneously ran across 2, six meter transverters in less than
a week.  Bottom line being, they're out there if you keep hunting.  Anyway,
thanks to you all, as usual, this list is an invaluable and very valuable
tool in my toolbox/arsonal/bag of tricks, and I thank all of you for all you
are and all you do for all of us. dd.