From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:41:12 -0500
I once installed an inverted-Vee for 15 meters in our apartment.  It worked
great, in fact I received the WAS (Worked All Stereos) award for that setup.
<g> If you have a balcony you might be able to put out a hamstick with a
quick disconnect.   Clip a counterpoise to the ground and make it as long as
the lowest frequency you want to work.  Unroll it to the length of the
frequency you are working (or best swr).  You can quickly and easily take it
down when not in use.

I have also used a B&W  telescoping antenna with coils you change out for
each band.  The B&W has a clamp to bolt it to your balcony and a
counterpoise you roll out to tune it.

Here is a link to a 20 meter magnetic loop that you could build.  It is only
3.5 feet on each side.  Here is the link.
http://www.standpipe.com/w2bri/build.htm

Do a google on "amateur radio apartment antenna" and you'll get lots of
ideas for simple antennas you can build.

Regards, Ken -N5SWR