From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 08:09:22 -0600
Andy:
this cable should be easily availible from your Kenwood/trio dealer over
there.
However, try not to fall off your chair when you are quoted the price...if
it is anything like canada, they are asking $90CAD For the cable and a
software CD thrown in, since the software is free anyway.
By the way, the programming software is very very accessible to use.
Also, if you know anyone with some electronics know how, and a bit of time
and patients, the cable is rather easy to build...all that is required is a
level converter, probably a Max232 or a dallas DS275 chip and some inverters
perhaps, not quite sure, but the plans are availible and freee off the
internet for this cable.
It could be built for less then $20 i am sure.
73
Colin, V A6BKX