From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:29:58 -0500
Hi Bob,
You have raised an interesting point.  It is hard to say where a
person might see all the gear made, or more correctly, easily used by
a blind ham.  Handiham camp might well be a good source.  Not only
for the commercially supplied equipment, but for the things that
Handihams have developed for our use.
An ACB or NFB national meeting might be a good place to meet blind
hams and pick up on what has been developed by us, for us.  Other
than that, a trip to HRO or AES with some idea of what you want to
see and have demonstrated might also be a source.
This list, also, is a great venue for learning what is available and
how we have managed to make it work.
Thanks for letting me share my ideas.
Pat, K9JAU