From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:33:56 -0600
ok, now that ive got all my eggs in a row?
perhaps, all my brain cells functioning in a somewhat better manner then
last night, i am actually looking for practical info on the gap titan
vertical.
I thought i saw on the list that someone out here was using that particular
antenna.
Its quite a thing to ship, so want to make sure i am getting something that
will work for me...the points i like are that it requires no ground radials,
works well between 40 and 10 meters and its only 25 feet tall.
However, acording to  eham.net, it is a real bugger to try and put together
and the tuning for 40 can be a little tricky.
Also, coax lengths have to be adjusted to get reasonable SWR and it isn't
supposed to be near other vertical metal objects...such as the 22 foot steel
mast it will be about 15 feet away from when installed here.
But, the deal is right so i think i will probably get it if the gentleman
can find a way to ship it without breaking the bank for me hi hi.
any info would be appreciated though.
73
Colin, V A6BKX