From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:47:43 -0600
tomi:
you said you are not getting a power supply because you already have one
that is a variable voltage type....tell me, is this an actual 13.8 volt high
current power supply?
the only sort of variable voltage power supplies i have ever run across are
the kind you plug straight into the wall and that supply about 5 to 800
milliamps of current.
To properly use an amateur transceiver you would need at least 3 amps of
current at 13.8 volts and that is using lower power settings.
Even for receive,  you would likely need something better then the wall
power supply type.
Of course, you might have one of the big variable voltage supplies too.
Just thought i would make sure before you get your radio and find out you
can't power it.
Also, just out of curiosity, what type of antenna will you be using?

73
Colin, V A6BKX