From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:49:00 -0700
First thing you have to decide is do you want to be able to monitor both
bands at once and do you want a radio capable of crossband repeat mode.  I
think I have these numbers right.  The Kenwood tmv 707 is a very
accessable radio, but is one band at a time and does not do crossband.  I
have the tmv-7a which allows monitoring of two frequencies and does
crossband repeat.  Got mine on closeout for $329 plus synthsizer.  The 7a
has been replaced by the 708, I think, and the 708 is not computer
programable.    I like the tmv-7a a lot.

73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr