From:
Patrick Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 14:08:20 -0500
Hi Don,
I have a Sony 7600 and I like it.  It is battery and, of course, there is a
brick that will run it from the wall.  Broadcast through F M, with short
wave coverage.  It will receive CW/SSB quite well and has a synchronous a m
detector as well.  It has presets/memories, but I haven't figured out how
to load them yet!!  It isn't complicated I'm sure, I just haven't scanned
the manual or pursued it.
A M sensitivity is great and F M sensitivity is good as well.  I bought it
at Dayton a couple of years ago, and believe it was around $150 at the
time.  I bought it from Universal Radio, solely because Fred spent all the
time I needed to learn the radio and when I came back the next day,
remembered me, my name and what we had been talking about.  So he got my
business.
My two cents for what it is worth.