From:
Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 02:16:41 -0400
Okay, I see. It's not really _Pennsylvania_ that's trying to do something,
it's AccuWeather, based in Pennsylvania, and that idiot senator of theirs
teaming up. There's no way this is going to get anywhere--it's one of
literally thousands of nuisance bills that get introduced every year to make
folks back home feel good. Moreover, be aware that petition efforts of this
kind are virtually meaningless because politicians don't pay attention to
them. If you care, write a personal letter to your senators--it'll carry
much more weight because they know that _you_ cared enough to take a little
time and put a little personal effort into the process instead of just
signing somebody's shotgun petition.