From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 22:26:02 -0600
on 220 they might have some sort of CTCSS or pl tone in there.
There should be absolutely no tone or noise behind the audio for this
ESSB...the whole idea is for clearity and reducing all noise or background
noise
They do not use a tone, if there is a tone, it comes from the recording
device or the playback device that is being used.
A tone is not necesary on ssb for anything.
I didn't hear a tone in the audio at all...now that i have actually checked
out Nu9n's site again i realize that it wasn't wide band essb that i was
hearing because i can hear 6KHZ wide usually without a problem...so this was
something different, could have been someone having difficulties with their
audio.
73
Colin, V A6BKX