From:
Patrick Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 17:37:37 -0500
Hi Rich,
I have heard second hand that TenTec has pretty much gone out of the speech
biz.  I am led to believe that they decided that those who needed speech
were a small part of their ajdaudience and that they would no longer try to
serve that segment of buyers.  That is too bad; if we want speech we are
given a somewhat limited choice.  What we have to choose from is quite
decent but part of it is not easily useful.
I hope I have not led you astray; what I wrote is based on things I have
heard and read.