From:
Keith Bucher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:51:33 +400
Hello,

    I just learned that both the Drake R8B and the Icom R75 has been
discontinued.  This sure doesn't help the already dwindling number of
shortwave tabletop receivers.  Of course it's possible that Icom might
come out with a replacement with more of their newer DSP technology in
it, but who knows.  It's interesting to me that Drake dumped the R8B
shortly before the E1 is due to be released.

Keith