From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 07:20:08 -0700
a bracket off the bottom of a convenient desk shelf is great too!
I actually took an old home made speaker box about 24 by 14 by 12 and
mounted all the radios inside it, with the various bass radios sitting on
the bottom part, and put a couple of insulated power strips with easy
connect snap on type connecters along the back inside of the box...just
connect the 13.8v power source to the 2 connecters mounted on the side of
the wooden box and you can have it all nicely tucked away, great if you
wanna move all your radio equipment at the same time to a temp location
too...i havent done it but it would be fairly easy to install some sort of
antenna/coax switching system so that you just have to put the coaxes onto
the back of the box.....
I think the different HF manufacturers made custom cabinets for their rigs
with tuner power supply all in one cab, but those are way over priced and
usually only accomidate one radio.
Regards
Colin