From:
Tim Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:00:33 -0000
Hi Keith,

I've owned the original 1000mp for several years.  I have the rig connected
to a PC, and use the turbolog logging program to provide audible frequency
read-out.  Although this method doesn't give access to menus etc, it does
offer an excellent replacement to an internal voice synth.

In my experience if you get some assistance to set the menu options
initially, you will rarely wish to change anything.

I haven't used the mark 5, but absolutely love the mp.  The receiver
performance more than compensates for the lack of onboard speech, and with
the method above, this can easily be overcome.

Cheers.

Tim,   GI4OPH.

Tim, Bangor, N. Ireland

Msn:  [log in to unmask]