From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:06:04 -0800
Hi Keith,

I do feel that length plays an important part in antenna design.  Look up
the pages written by L. B. Cebik for some good discussions of antenna theory
and design.  He makes some good points that I believe make a difference.
For example, I am currently using a doublet cut for 102 feet overall or 51
per let.  This is one of the lengths mentioned by Cebik.  I first had it at
88 feet and it was awful on 40 but worked on 80 and the warc bands well.
Then, I lengthened it to the present length.  Now, it still works well on 80
and everywhere else but is great on 40 now as well.  It seems that lengths
of 88, 102 and 132 have some special qualities surrounding them.

I hope that helps and very 73.  Good luck with your experiments.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX
Navy Marine Corps MARS:  NNN0SHS